Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo Tacos and Geocaching

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!


In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I was going to write a blog about my top 5 picks for tacos in Austin. As I thought about it, the more I wanted to do more. What else could I do than just the cliche' top cinco on the cinco. There's gotta be something deeper I can do.


Then one day while geocaching it hit me. THAT'S IT! Place caches at my top 5 picks. Taco based caches!

Today I am going to combine two of my favorite things. Tacos and Geocaching.

Yes, That's right, geocaching.

Now, We all know what tacos are but not all of us know what Geocaching is all about. www.geocaching.com describes it as a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online at geocaching .com

So in honor of Cinco de Mayo I have placed geocaches at 5 of my favorite taco places.

I can’t tell you where or what the caches are but I can give you hints to find the coordinates and maybe, JUST maybe you’ll find them. As of last night two had been approved and published. Hopefully they all should be available by today. When you do find one or all of these caches you might want to go and get the best handshake in Austin, maybe attend a good happy hour with free tacos, get the best migas in town, try the greasiest taco in town, or just hook up with a cowboy.

I hope this post gives you the best time ever looking for tacos in the Austin.


Tacos and Geocaching from Nelson Flores on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment