Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rio Grande

301 San Jacinto Blvd.
Austin TX, 78701

First a bar, then tacos, that was the plan. TiPsy tAcos.

We were going to have a few drinks, get a little tipsy and eat tacos. After a few brewskis and high balls it was taco time. We ended up going to a place called Rio Grande, on third and Rio Grande, because that was the only taco joint our iPhones picked up that was open after 10:00. I didn’t believe it but had no time to drive around for a taco truck.
We got there 5 till closing and almost weren’t let in. After a few taco pleas the manager decided to let us in and we agreed to eat whatever they gave us. We ordered a few drinks and we waited for our taco surprise. We each got one Mesquite Grilled Fajita taco.
The meat was diced on a bed of the usual taco fillings. Nothing really special but the group seemed to like them, especially with the salsa. I am not a fan of the mesquite taste and wouldn’t have ordered it if we had a choice.
The Salsa was fine and made the tacos better.
Overall, the mesquite taste in my taco didn’t excite me. But the service did. The manager let us in and fed us for free. The bar staff was friendly even though we had just extended their work evening. I say I need to go back and review the place again when I can order something I want.

Tacoism - 2.5 out of 5

Watch the review in HD
Watch the review


Rio Grande from Nelson Flores on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment