Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Korean Tacos going mainstream?

 
According to the New York Times, it's a trend worth looking into.

Come on NYTimes, get with the program. Korean Tacos are so SXSW 2010..... yeah, ok, that's not so long ago.

ChiLantro Pork and Beef
Courtesy of Yelp
I know of two Korean taco trucks here in Austin. TaKorea and ChiLantro BBQ. It wouldn't surprise me if there are more, it's just these are the two I've heard about. I personally haven't tried a Korean Taco but I know a few people that have and have nothing but good things to say about them.
There is one issue though, it's that TaKorea closed it's tacos doors about a month ago.

One down but pretty sure more are going to pop up. I have gotten a few invitations to go for lunch I just haven't made time to go. Think I  have to try a Korean taco now just in case ChiLantro closes as well.
TaKorea Pork Belly Taco
Courtesy of Yelp



Anyway, here's the link to the NYT story.

Both ChiLantro and Takorea get mentions.



Check out ChiLantro's menu. Looks like good stuff.  Better hurry in case they close. Here's hoping that's not the case.
Courtesy of Yelp

    No comments:

    Post a Comment